Today, there are a variety of air conditioners available at different prices to suit different needs. Several companies sell many different air conditioners, so choosing one is usually not a big problem. The more challenging task at hand is
the installation process once the AC unit has been purchased.
When you choose an air conditioner for installation, a few things need to be considered. For instance, you will need a unit that is durable, energy efficient, and has all the essential features that you desire while fitting your budget.
Let’s discuss this in more detail.
● Features: The first point to note before installing an air conditioner is to think about the features you need. Some people need just the basics, which include the cooling and fan system. Others will need a central unit, automatic climate control, timer system, and much more. However, keep in mind that the more features you want, the higher the price will be for AC repair in Philadelphia.
● Unit Size: Two factors that determine the size of the unit are the size of your house and the climate of the area. The idea is to ensure that the unit’s room is adequately cooled, even during the hottest weather.
● Warranty: Not all air conditioner installation packages come with a valid warranty. If you live in a scorching climate and plan on using the unit heavily, it is essential to have a warranty. You must also read the contract carefully and ensure that you understand it well.
● Energy Efficiency: The air conditioner should be energy efficient to minimize costs and maximize output. Several highly efficient new models can save you quite a lot. Make sure that the savings equal to or outweigh the initial investment, or else it doesn’t make sense to splurge on an AC model with an eco-friendly tag.
● Durability: The next point to note is the durability of the AC unit. You can check consumer reports, talk to friends and families, or seek feedback at the store. AC repair technicians are also great resources since they can provide you with information about the models that do or do not break down frequently.
● Price: Once you have your other needs determined, you can start comparing the prices. Different units will have additional costs, and the air conditioner installation will vary in price as well.
Understand that proper installation is critical, as it impacts the actual effectiveness of the air conditioner. Many studies have proven that air conditioners that are improperly installed have reduced capacity and efficiency
by more than 20 percent. Incorrect airflow problems are another common problem with improper AC installations. In fact, appropriate air conditioner installation is one of the four elements needed to maintain an economical,
efficient, and comfortable cooling system.
There are several reasons to decide on new air conditioner installation. The life expectancy of most AC units is approximately 10 years. If your unit is over eight years old and you spend a lot of money on repair bills or have exorbitant electricity bills, it is a signal to replace it.
Here are some more reasons to consider replacing your air conditioner with a new model:
- Save Energy: Modern air conditioning systems can help you reduce your cooling expenses up to 60%! Newer models are manufactured with equipment that delivers a minimum SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating) of 14. Older units, even those that have only been in use for a decade, have a SEER rating of about 9. The higher the number, the more energy efficiency and savings.
- Better For Environment: Eliminating R22 Freon is a step toward helping the environment. The HCFCs in R22 contribute to ozone depletion, while the newer R410A coolant has zero ODP (ozone depletion potential). Many new air conditioners are modular, allowing the units to be taken apart for easy cleaning, servicing, and maintenance. Easier access means shorter repair time and lower labor costs. Because the newer air conditioning units can be disassembled so easily, the units can quickly be prepared for recycling. Nearly 85% of materials on some current AC units are entirely recyclable.
3. Warranty: Older air conditioning units typically incur higher maintenance and repair costs. They have often outlived their warranties, making them less affordable to replace parts. For instance, R22 Freon is being phased out. All cooling equipment manufactured today uses R410A. The change was driven mostly by environmental concerns. Ultimately, the modern equipment is not at all compatible with the older equipment.
4. Indoor Air Quality: Air pollution isn’t an outdoor-only problem. The air quality indoors can also be compromised by mold, smoke, chemicals, and more. Poor indoor air quality has been proven to be a severe health risk. Pollutants released from building materials, insulation, carpeting, furnishings, or cleaning products need to be filtered.
AC repair Bucks County professionals can help you by keeping all your cooling appliances in great condition. By choosing a high-quality AC repair company, you can save a lot, as they will ensure proper functioning of your system