Oil Heating Tune-Up
Of course, when it comes to ensuring the efficiency and longevity of your oil heating system, regular tune-ups and maintenance services are essential. Our factory trained technicians specialize in providing educated care for your oil heating system, keeping it running smoothly and efficiently throughout the year. EMCO Tech Willow Grove local contractors for oil burners cleaning and maintenance.
Yearly maintenance service for oil burning boilers and furnaces includes:
- Check over-all condition of furnace or boiler.
- Replace nozzle.
- Replace oil filter.
- Replace oil pump filter screen.
- Inspect smoke pipe, check draft.
- Inspect heat exchanger.
- Inspect combustion chamber.
- Clean and inspect electrodes.
- Inspect blower motor, wheel, and housing (for furnace).
- Clean and inspect cad cell.
- Oil any motors or moving parts (as required).
- Perform combustion efficiency test and all needed adjustments according to it.
- Check the condition of all visible oil lines, above ground tanks, and oil line connections.
- Check fuel level in oil tank and advise customer if low.
- Check safety controls, limits, etc.
- Check that all controls and components are functioning properly.
- Check all wiring & tighten all connections.
- Start up burner and check operation.
- For boiler systems, check all pumps, valves, & controls for correct function
Burner service and tune up does not include cleaning of heat exchanger, combustion chamber or smoke pipe. Hence, well tuned oil equipment should not require annual heat exchanger cleaning. However, if cleaning is necessary, it will be quoted separately.
Finally, tune-up or maintenance customer gets 10% discount on all additional services or repairs for that heating season.
During Oil Heater Tune-Up EMCO Tech Technician may recommend additional oil boiler maintenance services, such as:
- Purging radiators & water pipes
- Heat exchanger cleaning
- Steam system flush and sediment cleaning
- Additional accessories and code upgrades
Routine tune-up once per year for oil heating systems, and 2 times per year for dual purpose oil boilers with domestic hot water
Why Oil Heating Tune-Up & Preventive Maintenance is Important for Furnace and Boiler?
When operating a furnace or a boiler working on liquid fuel (oil) in a residential or a commercial property, the main factor for trouble-free operation is the preventative tune-ups and cleaning of the boiler (mechanical and chemical), maintenance and adjustment of the burner. Generally, homeowners don’t pay attention to this which may lead to the premature failure of the oil burner or even a whole system.
Keep in mind that:
- Small deposits on the inner walls of the combustion chamber may lead to a decrease in the oil boiler efficiency by 10-15%.
- Cleaning of oil boilers should be carried out at least twice a year, in some cases three times a year. Additionally, maintenance of the boiler must be performed both chemical and mechanical.
- Frequency of preventive maintenance depends on the quality of oil and its usage.
These are the most common problems causing improper combustion, contamination, and failure of the oil furnace or boiler: