Summer seasons are always marked by increased temperatures, which become uncomfortably hot all over even in Philadelphia. Many individuals thus rely on the cooling provided by their home air conditioning system. Henceforth, they have their home AC systems checked out and repaired by professionals at the start of the summer season. Nevertheless, certain repairs have often proven unsuccessful, leading to the limited or poor performance of the AC system. Henceforth, this begs the question of the status of the ductwork system and the consequences that might arise afterward.
Signs of Bad Ductwork System
To ascertain that your dust work is defective, you will need to look for some of the following signs;
- Remarkably dusty living spaces – defective ductwork system facilitates entry of dust into the system and further spreading them to the interior of your house.
- Increased humidity levels inside the house as moisture cannot be properly dissipated between the inside and outside environments.
- Mold/mildew build up in the ductwork system and parts of the house due to the excess moisture.
Effects of a malfunctioning Ductwork System on the Air Conditioner
A malfunction ductwork system will result in certain negative consequences affecting the AC system’s efficiency. These include;
- The overworking of the air conditioner to compensate for the loss of air through the faulty ductwork system to try and maintain temperature and humidity levels.
- The extra work further warrants for extra power consumption, which is costly to maintain.
- Moreover, the AC will also begin to wear down much faster than usual over time.
You need to frequently employ professional HVAC repair company like Emergency Maintenance Company to ensure that your ductwork system is up to code and in excellent condition before the summer season sets.