Best types of central air conditioners for your home
Looking to get the best central air conditioning in Philadelphia but don’t know how to go about it or which one to choose? The first thing is to know why you need one. Did you know that air conditioning does a lot more than just cool the air? For one, it can help you dehumidify the air, ideal if you’re in a humid environment.
The types of air conditioners you can choose
You have access to two different ones. The first one is the split ac while the other is a packaged air conditioner. Split air conditioners have an evaporator as well as a furnace and heat pump. In fact, if you don’t have any air conditioners in your home, it’s what you should bet on.
Packaged air conditioners, on the other hand, are designed to be indoors and have air ducts installed inside the house itself. They often include heating or furnaces to power them.
How should you upgrade?
If you are looking to upgrade, go in for central air conditioners. They are a better option than room air conditioners as they are quieter and can help cool the rooms evenly. Add to it the fact that they are more energy efficient too – and that does matter since the average user uses up as much as 2,000 kilowatts of energy every year because of these machines. That effectively translates to as much as 3,500 pounds of carbon dioxide as well as 51 pounds of sulfur dioxide that is released into the atmosphere.
There is another important thing to note here. The above figure is still less as today’s air conditioners use as much as 30% less energy compared to the ones designed three to four decades back. However, no matter what air conditioner you choose, a few simple tips like knowing how to install it properly can increase its efficiency up a few notches. And if you do need to replace your older air conditioners, we would ask you to go in for energy efficient models as they last long and are environment-friendly. You shouldn’t really go in for one with a SEER rating of below 6.
How do you take care of your air conditioner?
Looking for the right central air conditioning repair in Philadelphia?
When it comes to getting an HVAC system repair done, it is always advisable to hire a skilled and reliable company that knows its job well and charges you a reasonable amount.
In order to make the job easier and yield better results, keep in mind these tips for air conditioning and furnace repairs.
• Inspect the filters, blower, ducts, and coils for any kind of obstruction or dirt periodically.
• Take out time to clean the filters once every month. If need be, get in touch with an HVAC system repair company and get it replaced. Your system might stop working as it should if the filter is clogged.
• Check the system for any pooling water or leaks which might take place suddenly.
• Check for any broken sealants or cracks of any kind around the air conditioning system or the furnace.
• The outdoor handlers must be examined for grass, fallen debris or any other outdoor stuff which might clog the system or interfere with its proper functioning.